At St Mary’s Primary School, we help to inspire children’s curiosity about the past. We teach children to understand Britain’s past and that of the wider world.
A historian from St Mary’s Primary School will:
- Develop a chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of British, local and world history.
- Have a greater insight into the world and community in which we live.
- Love finding out about the past, gaining an understanding of past achievements, events and significant individuals.
- Be able to think critically, ask perceptive questions and make their own judgement from a range of sources.
- Obtain their own sense of self and identity within their own locality and the wider world.