The National Curriculum for music aims to ensure that all pupils:
• Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music
• Be taught to sing, create and compose music
• Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated.
At St Marys C of E School, it is our intent that we make music an enjoyable learning experience. We encourage children to participate in a variety of musical experiences through which we aim to build up the confidence of all children.
We aim to ensure that children
- Gain a firm understanding of what music is through listening, singing, playing, evaluating, analysing, and composing across a wide variety of historical periods, styles, traditions, and musical genres.
- Develop an understanding of pulse and rhythm
- Take part in musical events, play instruments and participate in the school choir.
- Make links with the wider community helping to develop a climate of enjoyment, appreciation and love of music.