It is our intention at St Mary’s C of E Primary School to build a curriculum that enables children to develop knowledge, skills and vocabulary in a broad range of sporting activities, as well as developing values and transferable life skills such as fairness and respect. We strive to create a culture, which aims to inspire an active generation to enjoy PE, encourage each other and achieve.
A sports person from St Mary’s Primary School will:
- Develop their physical competence and confidence and develop their ability to use these to perform in a range of activities
- Develop a good understanding of the way in which they can use their body, equipment and apparatus safely yet imaginatively to achieve their personal goals
- Lead a healthy, active lifestyle
- Be physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Adopt a positive mind-set and believe that anything can be achieved with determination and resilience