At St Mary’s we treat the Safeguarding of ALL children as a priority. Everyone at St. Mary’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and is responsible for keeping our children safe.
We do this by:
• providing a safe environment for children to thrive;
• identifying children who are suffering or are likely to suffer significant harm
• taking appropriate action to ensure they are kept safe both at school and at home.
To ensure children are safe we have systems for the purpose:
• preventing unsuitable people working with children
• promoting safe practice and challenge unsafe practice
• effective identification of concerns and initiating or taking appropriate action
• contributing to effective partnerships between all relevant safeguarding services
If you have any concerns about the safety of any child please speak to one of the adults responsible for Safeguarding, please see document below for named responsible people. . If this is not possible for you to speak to one of our safeguarding officers then you can contact the Local Authority’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) using the details below.
At St Mary's our staff, governors and visitors can be identified by their lanyard. Designated child protection officers can be identified as wearing a pink lanyard, staff will be wearing a blue lanyard, governors a orange lanyard and visitors a yellow lanyard.
Staff With Responsibility For Safeguarding of Children
Senior Designated Safeguarding Officer
Mrs Rachael O’Dell
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officers
Miss Zoe Bailey
Miss Naomi Tottle
Miss Claire Stacey
Miss Michelle Jackson
Mrs Sally Westlake
Nominated Governor with Responsibility for Safeguarding
Mrs Louise Waters
For Early Help, consultation and all other enquiries please contact:
Telephone: 0345 155 1071
Fax: 01392 448951
Enquiry Form available at:
Post: Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub,
PO Box 723, Exeter EX1 9QS
Emergency Duty Team – out of hours
0845 6000 388
Police – non emergency – 101
For all LADO enquiries Exeter (01392) 384964